08 October 2008

The Commissioner came and taught at the War College the other day. Check out The War College blog for some highlights, and even an mp3 of the class.

I love it when the Lord speaks. Full stop. But I really love it when he speaks loud and clear. What the Commissioner had to say to us on Monday has really tied into what the Lord has been saying to me lately.

Perfect love casts out all fear. I wonder if people who haven't been perfectly loved, as in living in abusive environments, struggle more with fear then others do?

In Acts 2 we read that fear was replaced by boldness. Peter had feared (when he denied Jesus for one) and then here he is preaching at Pentecost. Now that's a radical changeover, from denying Jesus when the rooster crows, to preaching, confronting the mockers and then about three thousand souls were saved...come on!

Perfect love casts out all fear. Jesus' death and resurrection is the ultimate love act - the most perfect way we are loved. That perfect love I reckon played an important part of Peter's fear to boldness change.

Boldness comes after the filling of the Holy Ghost - The Commissioner taught us that on Monday.

------------------------------

Yesterday I was talking about discipline (and discipleship) - I found out that that the etymology of the word (both of them) mean 'from - di' and ' knowledge (sci)'. Kinda cool

------------------------------

I don't like confrontation - if you know me at all you know I avoid it terribly. In fact I hate it and I would probably lean more towards the pre-bold Peter's way of handling confrontation. But I do like evangelism - yet if I don't like confrontation have can I possibly evangelise effectively - for evangelism is nothing but confronting.

0 comments: