30 September 2007

Some friends and I have started this girls accountability group and we get together Thursday mornings, share breakfast and discuss life over tea. I think someone wanted to call it the breakfast club.

So this past week someone shared how they were struggling with thoughts and was frustrated because its not like she can necessarily control them. It was suggested to her that she started memorising scripture as a discipline because by filling our minds with truth we leave little room for our idol thoughts or lies from the enemy. I thought this was a very good idea. I mean stopping sin in actions is relatively easy, its the thought process behind it that I find difficult to beat.

So I decided to take this up myself. I only started today, but it is already bearing good fruit. Today I was driving and was thinking to myself, as I do. Lately my thoughts have been quick to dwell on the negative but the moment I had a few minutes to think, instead of thinking of how horrible I am or how bad life is, my brain went right to the verse I am memorising.

This is a discipline, and I'm not perfect in it, but I think it will be good. And I recommend to all, fill your mind with truth and leave no room for lies.

God is here.

Currently Reading - Helps to Holiness by Samuel Logan Brengle.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good idea!!!!
I am glad it is bearing good fruit...
I love you Nicole!
I really, really do!!!
Anyways, I was thinking...divine sisterhood of the breakfast club???come on! jk jk