24 September 2007

I just had a dream.

I was waiting for a bus and when it came my friend was on. She was telling me that a couple stops before there was a shooting and police were going to come and question everyone. On the next stop cops came on and started asking everyone if they saw the suspect and if they had I.D on them. When they asked me I said I didn't see anyone but that I had ID. The cop went to his partners and came back to me and asked for my ID and questioned me further as if I was guilty and I got a little scared. He asked me for a sample of my writing. I then said if it helps I wasn't even on the bus when this happened and I didn't know about it until after I was on. The cop gave me back my ID and let me go.

I asked the LORD for interpretation and He said "The truth has set you free", and I began to parallel it to my life. The difference I tried to argue with the LORD between my dream and my life was that I was innocent in the dream but the places I am bound in my life I am guilty for.

And the LORD said I was not. He said we are innocent because Jesus took our shame, our pain, our debts and our chains and our guilt upon the cross. He has declared us innocent.The truth has set us free. We are innocent. He who the son sets free is free indeed.

I also think the ID part of the dream in important. We must have our identity on us. We must wear who Jesus made us to be boldly and surely. Our identity is in Him - We are innocent because he freed us.

Its like the Double Jeopardy law. If someone served the time for a crime they didn't commit and then get out and commit it, they cant serve the time again. We have all been given this double jeopardy grace. Jesus already served time for our sins. He already bought and paid for our freedom - this is our identity - we are free - He who the son sets free is free indeed.The truth will set us free.

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life.

0 comments: