25 March 2007

Currently Reading: Out of the Silent Planet by CS Lewis.

Im not enjoying the above book much. Its part one of a trilogy and I don't think Im going to continue on with it. I hear people love on Mr. Lewis much, but Im not finding the hype in it. Oh well I gave it a shot.

Any suggestions for my next read???

In other news...(wow, never thought I would say it)

Im enrolling as a solider in a couple weeks. Please pray for me - Im beginning to freak out a bit. But the timings there...and I know it - that's probably the freakiest part.

You see, Im called to a redeeming life...aren't we all? A few years back I was praying, asking the Lord what my 'destiny' so to speak was. His response was redemption. Im to take the things the enemy has perverted in my family, in my generation, in my country and redeem them back to His name - pretty big eh? Well I'll start small - with myself. (Dream Big, Start Small, Go Deep - i think I read that somewhere ;) Check out Proverbial Leadership at armybarmy.com)

I was originally enrolled as a solider Resurrection day 2003...messed that up shortly after. Prophetically renounced that covenant (although looking back perhaps not so prophetic) Resurrection day 2005. I am called to redeem, or should I say, I am called to let Christ redeem my covenant with Him and with The Salvation Army this Resurrection season 2007. (after all, isn't Easter all about redemption anyways =P).

Please pray for me. As the time approaches, the temptations rise as well.

Grace.

God is here.

2 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Oh! I'd love to come!
Where are you being enrolled?

Aurora said...

You could try as your first CS Lewis read 'Screwtape Letters'...or a book I found called 'The Devils' Inbox' which is pretty much the same idea, but more current. I think you'd get a kick out of them. Much love, sista!