23 March 2007

Currently Reading "Out of the Silent Planet" by CS Lewis.

This week I got to watch my friend commence rehab. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been to. This friend of mine gives me so much hope. My first memory of her involves cop cars and broken windows. She was a very angry, and with her life I don't blame her at all, and very hard girl. I got to witness her accept Christ and change her life, one of these changes included her entering a rehab program. This person I got to tearfully watch as she commenced this past Tuesday is like night and day. She started smoking Crystal Meth at 11, was homeless and living on the streets at 12 and entered youth rehab this past January with addictions history of alcohol, meth and the popular new drug "B" she left rehab 3 days ago completely free from her former addictions. I got to hear stories about how her last two weeks in rehab involved her dancing and singing around the house - that alone made me cry. But the most beautiful part of this was hearing her testimony as she credited her change to Jesus. The rehab home she was in was not faith based, but that didn't stop her from reading her Bible, telling everyone she has dreams of being a missionary in Africa and from evangelising to her crew mates and staff. What a girl. She gives me so much hope - if she can meet Jesus and get clean, then others I currently work with can also. He takes those who are deeper then deep and raises them up to a place of joy and honor. I think I am going to start to trust Yahweh with my other friends too.

God is here.

0 comments: