18 December 2006

To check out a brief clip of the engagement spoke about last post click here.


This is our ghetto Christmas tree. Let me give you some details.

The tree itself is against building regulations. Aparently we arenot aloud real trees. But really we couldnt afford a fake tree, and Ive never had a real tree before - I was really excited to have one.

The tree skirt, which cannot be seen from this picture was found on the side of the road.

The Star of David on top of our tree is made from tin foil and cardboard.

(The stoking with the teddy bear on it is mine from when I was a kid!!!)

Christmas is fun. I havent even blogged about it and all the joyus festivites this season brings yet.

Kettles - I love kettles. Some one thought I was a CD player the other day. I liked hearing that. But really, while on kettles this year I have heard more then one person comment about never hearing bell ringers sing before - shocked I was. One great thing about kettles is the people you get to meet and share the love of Christ with. No salvations yet - but a really fun conversation with a fellow named Rob.

Baking - My two roommates and I, we are not very experience cooks I must say. Today we attempted to make Christmas cookies. The bakign and cutting shapes part was fun...Im not too sure how they managed to taste like bread though.

Shopping - I love shopping - and when I can justify shopping I love it even more! The mall here in Victoria is sweet. They have a free gift wrapping station! How rad is that! You buy a gift in their mall, and as a Thank-you-for-shopping-in-our-mall token of appriciation, they wrap your gifts for you. Saves some good cash on wrapping paper and tape.

Christmas Carols - Isnt it great how during this time of year people worship our Lord in stores, radio stations, walkign down the street, on busses or whatever. Some favorites of mine this year include "Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel" "Oh Come Let us Adore Him" - and this other one we sang this mornign that I never heard...but I forget.

"Remember Christ our Savoir was born on Christmas Day.
To save us all from Satans power when we have gone astray"

God is here!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your tree.

I like you.

Search online for simple sugar cookies and you'll be set, I promise!!