21 December 2006

I think I have like 4 unrelated things to say in this post.

In cell last night we were discussing the role of the Wise Men. One question asked was why did the Wise Men worship Jesus? Really, Jesus, at this point had done nothing overly miraculus. I mean sure he was a baby and thats a mirical in itself, and sure he was born from a virgin...but I mean, he hadnt raised anyone from the dead, he hadnt preached, he hadnt healed the sick or cast out any demons, heck he hadnt even died on the cross yet. So why did the Wise Men worship Jesus. I think its somewhat simple really.

They saw Him.

They saw Jesus, and at the sight of His beauty and holiness they fell in worship. I reckon its the same today. Once we see Jesus we fall in worship. *Random thought - worship is love...we fall in worship, or we fall in love*. But back to this worship thing. Its because we see Jesus that we worship Him. If people think they have seen Jesus but have not fallen in love, then I dont think they actually saw Jesus.

------------------------------------------------

So if you recall from the last post the mall here in Victoria has a sweet deal. You buy a gift from a store and a kiosk will wrap it for you, for free, no strings attached. So I bought a gift and went to this place and got it wrapped. I went back to pick it up, and as I was waiting this other guy was doing the same thing. This guy had a dodgy look to him I guess. He was scruffy and maybe smelly. And the lady asked to see his reciept. Implying that he didnt pay for what he wanted wrapped. I got so angry! I debated saying what I was going to, but I quickly got over myself and asked how come I didnt have to show my reciept? I was floored by the ladies answer, I couldnt beleive she actually said it outloud. Her answer was becuase I look innocent enough. Man, this guy, I could only feel how hurt he must have been. She asked me if it would make me feel better if I showed her my reciept. I told her it would, and showed it to her. She asked me if I felt better, I said yes...and then the other guy said "ya I feel better too."

-------------------------------------------

I was at the mall again today! I love the mall!!! And I was washing my hands. When I went to get a paper towel a flippin razor fell on my hand. It didnt cut me, but it was clearly placed so that when someoen was reaching for paper towel they would get a handful of blood instead...crazy. It looked just like this.

---------------------------------------------

Tonight I was cleaning up the bathroom at Sancturay (a youth drop in for street kids). When I was cleaning up I found a Jib pipe. I held it up and asked if anyone had a good reason why I shouldnt throw it away. The answers I heard were "its mine" or "i use it". I said - nope those arent good reasons, actually I dont know if there is a good reason to it. Needless to say, it went in the garbage.

God is here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey nicole, sorry i wasnt at skool when you came.. i miss you tons... love you lots!