18 September 2006

I was recently in Vancouver, rocking it up with the Revolution Session students, and seeking some refuge myself, and as excited as I was for my return to Victoria, I was also really fearing the return to an empty house, lack of community and fellowship...etc etc etc. I figured I would get home, mope around and pout because in comparison to Vancouver I dont have many friends here. Yet I was wrong! I was home less then 5 minutes when I got a phone call from a friend of mine. There was no time for mopeing and pouting. Off to her house I went, and it was then I realised, yup, I sure am home. The visit was short lived as I had to head off to work a few hours later.

Today was an excellent day. I got off work this morning, and expected to go home, sleep for a bit, maybe call a friend to chill, but if not then mope and pout. Why do I keep thinking this...my thoughts proved wrong again. Today was a day full of adventures. It involved an AA meeting for young people - it was so fun...I got to give a bit of my testimony (this was unplanned, they kinda just picked me out of some people to talk...and we all know I love to talk!) The day also involved making a new friend. She is awesome (shes the one I went to the meeting with). And it also involved me getting another tattoo...(sorry mom!)...check it out below...




Yup, it is a tattoo on the inside of my lip! I know, I am so cool! It says "RHEMA" which is greek for the spoken word [of God]. Our words have the ability to bring life or to bring death. Job 27:4a says "my lips will speak no wickedness". May that be true in my life "My lips will speak no wickedness."

Psalm 34:1 "I will extol the Lord always, His praise will be on my lips"

I could list of hundreds of verses partaning to lips, words, speach etc. But I wont.

I am wanting to get the Ehpesians 6 Armor tattooed on me...I supose this is the first step. The sword of the spirit which is the [rhema] word of God....maybe there will be more to come!

I was with my friend, and she wanted a tattoo aswell, but had to call her mother for parental concent....her mothers words to me were "Nicole, you are suposed to be a good influence on her!" and then said "Dont let her do something stupid like getting her tounge pierced." The result....




Yup, she did it, got it peirced. In my defence, I did my best to stop it. Really I did!

God is here.

2 comments:

Gods child said...

nice Nicole I miss you soooo much!!how about we get togther on the weekend or somthin??

LoVe yOu LoTs
PeAcE~ Chells

Anonymous said...

Flippin heck bushie *fave saying at the mo* thats insane but at least it's in the name of God and not some weird word that has some weird meaning. at some point i'm meant to be getting the salvation army creat tattooed on my right shoulder YAY!!

Much Luv
Rhi
p.s. chek out mah blog! and Rach is awesome chik hey!