18 September 2006

I was reading James this morning and came accross these common verses. Its not that Ive never read them before, but reading them in the place I am currently in was beauty.

When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your enduance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

WOW.

If you have been keeping up with my life and blogs you will know that I am in a season of these so called troubles. And with this I have two options. 1) Stop enduring, backslide, and get defeated or 2)Let my endurance grow and become perfect and complete. I think I will go with the latter.

That perfect and complete, needing nothing is quite enticing I must say.

I was talking to a friend today and he said that my lack of faith worries him. At first I was somewhat offended but then I began to think about it. Ya, I am doubting Gods might and power. I am looking at the trouble and hardship, more then I am looking at the Lords faithful promises. Promises of salvation and promises of deliverance and promises of victory. So rather then getting all down and negitive at the recent troubles thrown my way I will consider them as great joy.

May my faith be tested, may I pass with high marks, and may I be perfect and complete.

God is here.

1 comments:

sixonefour said...

c'mon now...preach it sister!
grace to you,
Heather