21 August 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JACOB HUMBLE

As breifly mentioned in my last post I have been learning through grace about faith. Tonight, I shall elaborate. Now, not faith in religion, but faith in action.

I want more faith. I want faith like Abraham. I want to be known for my faith. I want to say "mountain move" and a mountain to move. I want to say "wall come down" and a wall to fall to the ground. I want to walk by faith with each step that I take.

I tend to think logically before I think spiritually. Maybe thats where my first step needs to be when it comes to walking by faith. Im not suggesting that thinking logically is always be a bad thing...sometimes thinking logically produces the same outcome as thinking spiritually. But I want more faith, so instead of doing something becase it "makes sence" i will do something because it doesnt make sense (if of course it was Spirit led).

I have been challeneged in my faith lately....doubting what I have been hearing. I have relyed on others for the spiritual side of things, and stayed in my comfort zone and made it happen logistically. Now, however I have been challeneged, and it is my mission should I choose to accept it and walk blindly, not by sight but by the rhema word of the LORD.

A quick thought. Faith and wisdom must co-exist? One will not produce fruit without the other? Those are questions as you can see. Maybe the logistical side of me talking. If I were to step out into something by faith, but did not tag team it with wisdom, things could go terribly wrong.

(please note it is pretty late at night, and I should be sleeping as opposed to writing this post...)

But ya, I want more faith.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it Jay's birthday, I have never called him Jay before so I guess I shoudnt start now.

I guess I will wish him my best on too, its my Nan's birthday in England, its times like this I get a little Sad as I know I will probably never see her in her current state again. But never say never.

Anonymous said...

you have the prettiest blog i have ever seen. i didnt read it...but its so pretty. stars are my fraverit...and...its pink...and black...i want to live here...

Robin Humble said...

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:12-13)


Wisdom that is rooted in God's word produces faith. Sometimes God requires us to take blind steps in complete faith that according to the worlds standards, are far from wise.

p.s. It is even later, I should be sleeping instead of responding to your late night (very insightful) thoughts.

Denise said...

Awww...Jacob! That kid made my day whenever he spoke...what a cutie. Please, please, please say HUGE hello's to Robin for me, Nicole.