21 August 2006

First I want to point you out to Pat Humble's most recent post.

So I quit one of my jobs last week. Ever since I started, my shifts have been upside down, backwards, inside out, bascially all over the place...this was begining to prove problematic and becuase I didnt have a set schedule at this place of employment, I didnt have a set schedule for ministry. So, some weeks I could make it to street combat or drill or what have you, but then the next week I would be called in and would have to miss something. I kept going though, mostly becuase Im not a quitter...yet last week they scheduled me on my friends birthday, and we had a whole surprise sweet 16 pre planned, and I got to thinking...hey I love Ashley more then I love this job, and Ashley is more important to me then this minimum wage, 10ish hours per week job...so get this. That morning I went in, and wrote a note in pen and paper saying as of today I will not be returning. (Granted I was some what nicer in it) but none the less it was a pretty rude way of quitting. And if you know me, I hold high value in work ethic, and it is sooo not like me to quit, to quit unformally, and to quit without notice. But, hey in relation to yesterdays post, maybe I was stepping out in faith!....

So heres the kicker in the whole thing. I go pick up my last pay check today, and attached is a letter from my boss. Saying "Nicole it was a pleasure to have you on our team, hope all goes well for you and if things ever turn around the door is always open for your return" !!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I cant beleive after the way I left, they still like me...oh my!

And for the record, I still hold my other job, which is FANTASTIC!

Anyways, maybe thats it. But again, on record, I want to assure everyone that I have higher standards when it comes to employment. ( I still feel like a jerk for quitting)

0 comments: