10 July 2006

Oy Vay! I know its been a while.

For the DL on Teen Camp check out Matthew Champs blog.

For some other cool things about teen camp not included in Matthews blog (as i dont wanna repeat anything) keep reading.

So in Vancouver I was one of the teen cell leaders. Teen Cell was probally the highlight of each week when I lived in Vancouver. It began with two girls Hannah and Domi, and by the time I left in May, we had probally about 20 contacts or so. 2 of these girls, Beccah and Crystal came along to Camp with us. These girls got saved! Hallelujah! God totally taught me about investment, relationship and hope. When we first got into relationship with people at teen cell, it seemed as if salvation was far on the list, darkenss, bondange and sin seemed to be so overwhelming that I guess I lost hope in salvation without even realiseing I had. Yet, after 9 months or so of investment in lives, and in prayer, and in faithfullness, and in showing Jesus we are seeing good fruit. I am really excited to see where God is going to take it.

Which gives me hope for our mission out in Victoria. Lately I have been stuggleing with a lack of hope. Darkness, bondage and sin seem to be so overwhelming that I guess I have allready lost hope in salvation...but seeing the fruit from Vancouver really gives me a new hope. I mean it took 8/9 months too see it out there, and we have only been here for 2. God, please accelarate salvation here!

Speaking of Salvation, my friend got radically saved the other day. She was involved in drugs, drinking, sex, and so young herself. Yet she layed it all down PTL! Here I am in relationship with her, thinking it will take a while to find freedom or whatever yet forgetting that God is big and can deliever on the spot! She has even allready quit smoking! Heck it took me 6 years after my salvation to give that up, she has done it in less then 6 days. I have seen more of her in the past 2 days then I have in the past 2 months becuase she is always over now or we are hanging out more, which definetly beats the alternitive.

K, last point I promise....
So my friend is being sexually harrased at work, she is underage and he is over 25. She does not like it, and neither do I!. There are some complications and fear on her part to speak up...and allthough I know I am held legally to this...I am not too sure exactly how to proceed. So upon praying about it I had a genious idea, well the Holy Spirit had a genious idea, for me to get a job there, having this confirmed by some godly and wise friends, including a dream I will do it and bring some righteousness and justice in the this situation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ptl

sixonefour said...

great blog - love the sharing. will pray for justice for your friend and boldness for you.
grace
HD

Anonymous said...

i'll pray 4 u and your friend and other peple in the world who also get sexually harrassed. im sorry that people are blind in not worrying about this and i know God is smiling on you 4 taking it up as your duty to try and help this girl.
God Bless