03 May 2006

so today was filled with more lasts...

my last pray the bible, my last class, my last discipleshp with kath, my last trip to army and navy, my last coffee with melinda peters, my last disipleship with ashley, my last trip onto the roof, hmmm

and i say all of these are lasts, but in reality i will likely be involved in some of these things on visits and all.

so today i met cheryl, as i was out for coffee. she was walking by the starbucks window and pacing...she looked hurt. she was very thin and her legs were pretty bruised up. i then saw her sit down on curb and cry. i said iwould be right back and whent out and sat beside her. she was greatful to have someone to talk to. she told me how she has lived here on the streets for the last 8 months, spent the winter outside, how when she was 16 her mother was too sick to work, so she would sell her body to make money and buy her mom drugs. she has been an adict since she was 14. i asked her if she wanted to come inside and meet my friends...at first she was shy and didnt want too, but after i told her i wanted her to meet them she brightened up and desided to come inside. after that we whent for a walk and hooked her up with some other pepole becuase im leaving here in 4 days. she was really sweet...and to top it off, she wanted to hear about whats stressing me out...im not homeless, im not broke, im not in addiction, im not without jesus, in comparison, i have very little stress factors, yet she wanted to know how i was doing...it was nice...shes going into detox soon and recovery, when she gets saved and clean her merciful heart will take her far.

2 comments:

Christine said...

wow Nicole! Thats awesome! Praise the Lord!

Bless you!

April said...

Hey there
Sorry I didn't get to say bye to last night you left before I had the chance so away good luck. God will be with you every step of the way. I'LL miss you
Love ya
April