09 May 2006

So in the last 24 hours I have..

had my first minute in Victoria, my first rations in Vicotoria, my first prayer walk in Victoria, my first blog in Victoria...(more firsts to come, i havent been here that long yet)

So I have had to say alot of goodbyes as of recent and rumers true it was somewhat emotional for me. My mom dropped me off at the ferries yesterday and again emotions ran wild...i was by myself and heading into the waiting room, i was there crying all by myself, I felt silly and thought i had to call someone...because i would rather be crying while im talking on the phone, then crying while im alone...so i gave my good friend Matthew Champ a call and made him stay on the phone with me until the boat left the dock. so im still all sad and stuff in the waiting room, but as soon as i got on the boat and started heading off, i was filled with sooo much excitement and joy.

God is good. And now I am still really excited to be here in Victoria. God has huge plans for this place and I am honored to be a part of it. I start my job in a couple hours, that shall be fun.

Oh, and I am being treated like a queen! Temporarily, (until Beracah comes joins me and until we get our own place) I am staying in a basement suite to myself really. I have a queen size bed...did you know i have never slept in a queen size bed alone before...i didnt know what to do with all the room...and my own bathroom, and free long distance, and cable tv, and yup it is grand!

So things are great...and ill keep you updated on what happends.

And one more thing...

ASHLEY PHILIPS, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

3 comments:

Karyn Baker said...

YAY! All the firsts have begun! That's exciting, eh? Hey - I made it on the "lasts" list - last breakfast! Nice. But as if. Haha - we'll have a "first breakfast with Karyn Baker in Victoria" at some point. :) Maybe I'll make the blog again then. Miss you already, Nicole. Darren asked if we cried when we said good-bye. I laughed and said Nicole doesn't cry and I never believe it is the last time I will see someone. Apparently on the first score I might have been wrong?!?!? Go figure.... Definitely must have been people's imagination. Shoot - I have a great imagination, too bad I missed it. Wow - this is a LONG comment. Oh, well, it just shows I love you. :) Glad your firsts have started and they're great so far!
Talk to you soon,
Bakes
xoxo

Rebekah Dooley said...

awesome good to hear that you are getting blessed up in victoria. love you nicole :D

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

member when you loved me?
ashley philips has a great life...
...of course, you love me too...