28 May 2006

I was at a bus stop tonight on my way to work and this young girl (later she told me she was 15) was waiting with me. She strikes up conversation by asking if i had a cigarette she could buy off me. I told her I didnt. And then we started talking back and forth. The bus we were waiting for didnt come for 23 minutes. Thats one thing that isnt great about Victoria...its there transit system. Anyways, so we had some good time to talk. She pulls out a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka from her bag and starts drinking it, and offering some to me. I deny, but was thinking how sad it was to see a young pretty girl, not only drinking at her age, but drinking by herself. I then mention how making friends is harder when your not in school, becuase you dont have lots of people around you, and that I work alone at work, so I dont really make friends at work either, she tells me about her alternitive education school, and her hour a day job. Then as shes drinking she mentioned she was drinking to celebrate her release of custody from juvy. Curious I asked why and she said assult. Then gave me some details on how her and some friends beat up some ppl they knew. She was with these two other guys...having an unsettling feeling in my spirit I asked her if the guys she was with were minors too and went to Juvy...she was like oh no...they're adults, 18 and 21. All i could think is why is she out at 530am attacking others with these older guys. I asked her if this was her first time in Juvy...and she said no, i asked her what else for...and she started listing of robbery, shoplifting, theft over $5000, assult, threatning and something else i think. After I was thinking...how did I escape this and why is heather (that was her name) not?

Then the bus came and we stopped talking. Do you do that too? Everytime I make a friend at a bus stop, as soon as our bus comes, we stop talking...its weird, why not keep talking on the bus too? Anywayys it was then her stop and looked at me and said...hey it was nice meeting you...in the sweetest 15 year old girls voice. In a voice she should be speaking in always.

On a totally differnt note...i think i broke my big toe.

1 comments:

Aurora said...

Lord, thanks for that meeting with Nicole and Heather...may they continue meeting up so Nicole can share her Jesus with her new friend, and she can see how awesome life with you can be!
Love you sis.