03 March 2006

So I was out with my 6 year old disciple Haven yesterday and we had colored some pictures and wrote messages on them. "Jesus loves you", "You are beautiful", "May the Lord bless you" etc. and we were handing them out to our neighbors on the streets. At first Haven was shy and wanted me to hand them out and talk to the people. So I told her she would tell me who she thought we should give one to, and I would do the talking. The first guy was sitting by himself on the street, Haven handed me a picture and I gave it to him saying "My friend here drew this and wants to give it to you", when he saw it he got a really big smile on his face and you could see that it had uplifted him. After Haven said that she was ready to give the next one. We went into one of the stores down here and gave one to the cashier, he was so thankful for it. He then gave Haven a granola bar from his store. Then we were outside again and she wanted to give one to this other guy. This next guys name was Mike. You wouldnt beleive how uplifted he was. He stared talking to Haven, and Haven was talking back...about how she lives here and that she likes soccer, and you could really see how having Mike talk to a child was moving ground in the spirit. Oh and he gave her a toy he had. Its kinda neat how we went out to give things to our neighbors and bless our neighbors with no intention of recieving ourselves and yet Haven got blessed too. So we were on our way to Knee Drill (our weekly prayer meetings) and our conversation with Mike was going to make us late, so Haven invited him to knee drill and he came! How rad, my 6 year old friend recuited one of our neighbors. I had to leave knee drill early so I dont know how Mike was after, but I hooked him up with my friend Craig and we'll see the fruit im sure.

2 comments:

Karyn Baker said...

Wow. I don't know what else to say....
Thanks for blogging it.
Bakes
xoxo

Rebekah Dooley said...

That is super cool :D