11 December 2005

I said it before, and I will say it again....theres always an adventure when you're with Nicole.I should make this a weekly theme.

So last night I was out with my friend Ashley. We had a vehical (how we got that is an adventure in itself) and on our way we noticed that we needed gas. So we pulled into the gas station and filled up. $50 later I go inside to pay with the Corps/Company gas card....DECLINED. Hmmm, so I went to get my credit card where I would then be rembursed....DECLINED. We try the corps card again....DECLINED. Now Ashley had no cards on her, and because I am poor I did not have enough in my bank to cover the gas price. Then I thought it would be smart to charge $25 to each card...we tried half of it on the corps card...APPROVED! We try the other half on my card....DECLINED. So I go again for the corps card and it was APPROVED! Yay, so I go out to the van and turn the key....the car wouldnt start! So I go back into the gas station and said "Mr Gas Station Man, our car wont start" in the most girly way (you know to get sympathy) and he comes out to inform us we needed to be jumped. So I call good ol' Darren Hailes to explain my prediciment and what advice to I get? "Wait for someone to pull in and ask them to give you a jump!" Well, shortly after a couple pulls in and jumps us, they were so nice. Okay now its time for the adventure to begin. The last time I was hanging out with Ashley, who is from Florida, she mentioned one of her favourite things to do was drive around and go to a beach late at night. So what do we do, drive around and go to a beach of corse. We get to Kits beach, and becuase we just got our car jumped we couldnt turn it off, so we left it running and walked breifly on the beach. Then being geniouses that we are, we thought it would be fun to drive onto the beach. Fun? Yes. Legal? No. Our van then preceeds to get stuck in the sand. After a few prayers and reving of the engine we get out of the sand and continue on our adventure. We check out a few other beaches round town and then get lost and end up at univercity hill, which becuase of its elevation has snow....the sight of snow gives us the great idea of...going to a mountain! Off we go. Of corse we get lost on our way there...but nonetheless we made it there. Again becuase we cannot turn the car off in fear of it not starting we leave it running and begin to play in the snow. Where we parked there was a nearby park that we ran around in, but it wasnt in view of the van so we couldnt be out long...but it sure was fun.

Stay tuned for the next adventures of Nicole.

0 comments: