24 May 2005

Take Up Your Cross And Follow Me

Well if you read my last post (which was only like a couple hours ago) you would know that I am setting up a prayer room.

So in the process of setting the room up. And I asked the Holy Spirit how He would like the room to be set up. Amung other things, He wanted the cross. You know, that big 8 foot tall cross your church building or corps may have? And to have a place for repentance and burden lifting. Ya know the write your worry, bondage, sin on a paper, rip it up and place it at the foot of the cross. So Im carrying this 8 foot wooden cross to where the prayer room was being set up. Now this cross wasnt, that heavy, infact quite light compared to the one Jesus carried Im sure, and 8 feet is probally minimal to what the hieght actually was...but I got a small physical taste of what the verse "take up your cross and follow me" truely means. It was powerful. I ended up carrying longer then I needed to, in worship to our King.

I have had an interesting day. (By reading my previous post, this will make more sence)
It began in the spirit, having great spirit led devotions. Then I sinned and that for lack of better words 'high' left and I felt like crap. Then I repented...and was for lack of better words 'normal', then I was setting up a prayer room and got all spirit filled again....when will this end!

When will I choose to be obedient enough to the Spirit and be "in the spirit" or be "spirit filled" all the time! When will I live out Jesus' words "For those who truely love me will obey my commands"! When will I stop living on an emotional and spiritual roller coster and be focused on the High King! Why not now! Why cant I do it now! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!1

0 comments: