26 August 2009

If there is one day I look forward to all year it is The War College grad night.

Now, let's be honest, there isn't only one day I look forward to, for I'd have to throw in Christmas, and the day of Salvation, and the beginning of The War College, and Noah's birthday, and OOB, and RAW and tomorrow...but The War College grad sure is up there.

There is something so pure and Holy and awesome and right about this day. I experienced it once upon a time ago I don't remember much from it, aside from a lot of crying, some fantastic worship, a really cool write-encouragement/words from the Lord-on-our-butcher-paper-name-thing, and oily feet...though I do remember the sense of completion it brings. Do you ever sit back and think of a memory, a really good memory that makes you forget the daily troubles and constant stress? For me, right now, that memory is my War College grad night.

This year wasn't much different. There was still a lot of crying, and fantastic worship, and a really cool dance-rap-remix to 'Lo'-performed-by-the-session. There were no oily feet this time, but there was a sledgehammer and cinder blocks. And yes, the Conquerors used the sledgehammer to smash the cinder blocks! And it was awesome.

It was so great to celebrate this with the Conqueror's, so great to celebrate it with their squad leaders and teachers, with family and friends.

Some call The War College grad the end...others it's the end of the beginning.
Either way there is a huge sense of completion achieved.

You know what, I'm sitting here typing, trying to come up with words to explain what happened that night, and how to explain what broke in the Spirit and what was shaken on Earth. How to explain the joy and grace of the night....but I can't. And I realise the best explanation would be to simply invite you to next years grad. So mark, Thursday 19 August at 1830h down in your calenders and save the date. Better Yet!! Apply to The War College and experience it first hand.

So Congratulations Conquerors! A year well spent.

God Bless The War College.

Grace,
Nicole

www.thewarcollege.com

1 comments:

Courtney said...

It is true. It was a great day! Probably my favorite day. It was the first time I cried into a microphone without being super embarassed about it, haha...which gave me all the more momentum to smash the cinder block!

It truly was an amazing day, a day that I will never forget. So much crying, so much prayer, and so much of the spirit filled that place! It was beautiful!

I love you Nicole!