18 July 2009

More to come on Teen Camp I said. Usually when I say stuff like that, such as I'll write about that next, I don't follow through on it. This time won't be much different.

But I'll leave you with the note that it was a great week and there were some really great moments. One night I realised that I didn't know everyone who came with me. I mean I know them sure, but I don't know the deepest parts of who they are, how they grew up and what brings them joy and what brings them sorrow - and that they likely don't know about those things of me either. There is something about campfires, late nights in gazebos with tea and blankets on a summers night that pave the way of sharing life. I think it could be one of the best tools for evangelism we have, really getting to know your friends on a deep level. I have a bunch of friends who don't know the Lord, but I don't know if I can do that effectively (evangelise) without knowing them, deeply, first.

We were sent off on the note that we are created to live in community and to live simply. I hesitate to say that I will write more on those points next blog.

----------

So I jumped on the band wagon. I'm now twittering, follow me @nicolebrindle. I knew I'd eventually jump on this wagon, but was surprised when I did. I always was pretty vocal about not joining and thought it was silly (I also said that about Facebook and Blogger, and look where I am). My first interest though was when I heard someone say that "Tweeting" has replaced testimony, and if that's true then it's a wagon I couldn't help but jump on. But that was a few months ago. Then I saw Caitlyn's page Saturday night as she was checking it at my place and it just looked cool - so here I am.

----------

I hear The War College is the place to be this September.
www.thewarcollege.com




0 comments: