15 April 2009

Life from last week to this week hasn't really changed at all.

The same things that I was rejoicing over I still rejoice in. The same things that were burdening I still mourn over. My schedule remains the same and the people in my life haven't changed either. But last week I was overwhelmed, emotional, feeling like I was letting everyone down and ready to give up - and this week I am full of peace. Full stop.

But like I said, life from last week to this week haven't really changed at all.

I am prone to wander when I am overwhelmed. I am prone to seek man's advice and comfort when I am fearful and alone. Last week I was in that place where everything feels like it is falling apart, and when one thing goes wrong after another, and when your family is suffering and your friends are suffering and you are suffering and hope is far from your radar. And in those times I am prone to give up praying too.

I am a firm believer of praying without ceasing - I think it is entirely possible, doable and I might even be so bold to say it is our mandate as believers. Knowing fully there have been times I wouldn't be able to receive a longest prayer award - I still think we must.

I did something this past week that surprised me, perhaps it will surprise you too: In the midst of chaos and turmoil where I am quick to give up I prayed! (Shocking I know). Why did that surprise me? Why did the peace and freedom I received from prayer blow my socks off? I'm not sure - it's pretty elementary - the whole prayer thing - in Philippians 4 Paul even testifies to this:

Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

As an intercessor I am aware of the warfare around it - and be prepared for warfare, but also be prepared and expectant of God's peace as you pray. Pray without ceasing. If you won't listen to me, listen to Paul. It may be elementary, but it is so so so good.

May the God of PEACE, touch you.

0 comments: