27 April 2009

I know I said April post #5 would be on The War Room...but I was reading this in the paper this morning - and wanted to post it, as I beleive it to be important. I'll write about TWR next, I assure you.
---
Insite's appeal goes to court today.
A year ago, InSite was given a one year extension on their application to remain open. That year is up on 30 June. Today they go to court to appeal the federal government's decision in hopes of remaining open.

I know InSite and the idea of a "safe" injection site is controversial, and I'm not telling you to pick one side or the other, but I am urging us all to be in prayer. Pray for the Father's heart. Pray for those in/near our neighbourhoods and workplaces who are trapped in addiction. The courts decision will effect our workplaces, friends and neighbours. It will effect the homelessness rate and the death rates. Please pray.

If you're up for it, fast and pray for the courts to deny InSite's proposal to remain open

InSite is the only supervised injection site in North America.
InSite opened in 2003, since then it has seen over 1, 000, 000, 000 injections.
There have been 2395 overdoses.
Please pray.

1 comments:

Andy Mac said...

You said that your not asking people to pick one way or the other, then you say pray for them to not remain open...
I will pray for their appeal to be rejected.