30 April 2009

Because I said my next blog would be sweet stories from The War Room.
Here it goes.
I fell in love in The War Room. Over and over and over again, I fall in love with Christ. The way he greets me, the way he holds me, the way he whispers to me. That's the sweetest it gets. Can't get much sweeter.

Some other great things have happened in TWR. It's where I fell in love with Leighanne. Leighanne has been a dear friend to us here in the DTES from the very beginning. One of those old faithfuls you never expect will leave, and she hasn't let us down yet. One time I was in TWR, not too long ago actually, she came up and flatly said I want to go on the next journey. Because she has been down here forever I was actually surprised to hear she had never gone on the journey - a spiritual getaway for Women of the DTES. That night we talked and prayed in TWR and I fell in love with her.

I remember my first day walking into the War Room. The sweetness and presence of God was thick and beautiful.

The War Room has taught me discipline and accountability.
I have met with the Lord over and over and over again and have been blessed and healed and set free over and over and over again.

Detailed stories will come later - first It'll be nice if you can leave a comment with your favourite War Room Stories.

1 comments:

lux said...

i used to love sitting in the window of the war room, when it was in the empress... and i would look out to the mountains, and just be drawn into the beauty and strength of Christ.