09 August 2008

Here I sit in Philadelphia's airport, which is amazing I might add. I actually don't mind my 5 hour layover here.

Although, this is likely my most strenuous travel ever. You see I have been up since 9am EST Friday morning (it is currently 2:27 CST Saturday afternoon). We got to the Portland airport at 4am EST this morning. My flight was originally not til 9am, but because the majority of the group was in the wee hours of the morning, I came along. When I got to the airport in Portland I was hoping to get an earlier one, I mean I was already there anyways. So I managed to get one for 7am. Right after I got this one, Xander, on of my greatest mates found out his flight got cancelled and they re-booked him for 1130. My other friends had departed at 5am (tears galore!), and so I went to find Xander. We went back to US Airways (lovely people there) and got my originally 9am booking that turned into a 7am re-booked for 12 noon - thus getting to spend more time with Xander. It didn't change my final destination plans, as I had, like I said a gazillion hour layover here in Philly. Xander couldn't get his boarding pass yet so we waiting downstairs until 7am when he could. Enjoyed the entertainment of Mr. Bagel man though. When we went to get Xanders boarding pass, turns out when the guy said he was on the 1130am flight, he forgot to inform us that it was in fact 1130am, the next day. This was not going to work. After a few clicks of the computer here, and a few touches of the screen there, Xander could get on an earlier flight, he just had to get himself to Boston.

Gotta love flying (I actually really do though, this was a great day!)

So, as I was saying, I have been up now for over 30 hours, still waiting another three here in the airport, until I can board my Vancouver flight, which will land me in Vancouver at roughly 9pm PST (midnight for my jet lag factor) and just in time to pull an overnighter at work. I will be sleeping on the plane.

My neck is kinked from the first flight...two hours of head against window kinda kinked...and I have a broken foot (well, I doubt its broken but could be a fracture or sprain - Ill have to find out when Im back in Canada).

Oh and did I mention it stormed almost all week?

But, all of that does not dampen my week in the slightest (pun actually not intended). I have had the greatest week. We were in Old Orchard Beach, Maine doing Prophetic Evangelism or Spiritual Readings if you will. Basically we set up tent and got to share with believers and non-believers alike what the Lord has to say to them. I cant number how many we got to pray with, and how many we shared the gospel with....but I can say it was absolutely amazing and that peoples lives were changed and there was good good fruit. Personally it brought me a lot closer to the Lord, and really reminded me the beauty of prayer and listening to his voice. It stirred up the Prophetic gifting and calling I have, and am super excited to go back home (in 10 grueling hours) and continue this rhythm.

Well to end, I implore you to seek the Lords face, to hear is voice, and to not stop, ever.

More to come...

Grace,
Nicole

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see this refreshed rhythm of prophetic prayer and listening to God in you unfold, as well.
Maybe we can actually start getting together to pray together!
Keep pressing in.
I am excited about who you are.