21 July 2008

I'm slacking on the blogging thing (ht: CTS) I think I might re-discipline myself into much more regular blogging, I even have 7 thoughts lined up for future posts.

I was contemplating self-control tonight, and I got a picture of victory. Of a person (or perhaps the Church) marching onward, and claiming her victories by driving a stake into the ground. Each stake represented her declaring freedom. And each stake was her advancing forwards, claiming more ground along the way.

The stake (see Judges 4) is self-control. I mean the stake in itself is literally just a sharp piece of something, or figuratively it is power and boldness. It is when we say NO-MORE to sin and that which holds us back that we drive a stake into the ground, declaring to death, which gives us the victory and the territory. The stake is our mark, and we can now advance towards it. No looking back. It is when this stake plowed deep within the ground our spirits and flesh unite and the fruit is self-control. The removal of this stake then is the removal of self-control. When the stake is taken out of the ground, we loose ground. It is our self-control that keeps that stake in.

I think we often see self-control as the hardest "fruit of the spirit" to keep, and I have come to realise I am not sure why. It is the one out of the nine that actually requires nothing from us. Our job is to NOT do anything, to NOT remove the stake.

I wonder if this is why a Vampires death is a wooden stake to the heart (or garlic)?

----------------------------------

How is Nicole?

Last week crummy, this week terrific. I am on a constant roller-coaster. But driving stakes into the ground sure enough bring the crumminess to terrificness.

Booth-Tucker Institute (BTI) began today. We've got a sweet line up going on, Praying Psalms together, 60 seconds of Spiritual Pump, some gardening, and an all night of prayer. If you are in the Vancouver area this week - certainly pop by and taste and see the goodness of the Lord.

To short notice? That's okay - perhaps you'd prefer 52 weeks instead. There might be a few spots left for the Conquerors Session of The War College, beginning this September. Apply at www.thewarcollege.com.

I've had a some moments recently where I find myself grieving with the Father. Over broken covenant between the Lord and his people, how we reject his love and his grace, and how a weeping prophet acts. These moments though I might devote a whole blog too.

I'm heading up to (or I guess down and across) to Maine in about 10 days. Going to be part of a Prophetic Evangelism team at Old Orchard Beach. I am eager with anticipation at what Yahweh has in store.

Some good friends of mine are in town too - such a lovely thing. Some good friends of mine are headed onwards - not as lovely.

Peace!

0 comments: