02 October 2007

WARNING!!!
This is a safety announcement.
Never be alone.
I repeat, under no circumstances let yourself be alone.


Community is very very important. Friends are very very important. It is not good for man to be alone. I repeat IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE. Hey, didn't God Himself come up with that one?

But seriously, at all times avoid being by yourself. This is prime time for the father of lies to speak to you. This is prime time for temptation to entice you. This is prime time for Satan to kill, steal and destroy and prime time for us to let him.


This is dangerous. Avoid it at all costs. Yesterday I was surrounded by good people...most of the day...but then I had five minutes here and five minutes there and then five minutes later I allowed temptation to get the better of me. But this temptation didn't even come near me when I was with people - it waited until I was alone and vulnerable. My conclusion, I just cant be alone. It is not safe.

We were created to live together and to not be alone. God himself personifies community and by like a good teacher doesn't just say it but lives it too (the Trinity).

I do not honor the Lord when I leave the fellowship, and yes I believe you can leave the fellowship yet live in community at the same time - (although now I am wanting to re-evaluate my definition of community). I would say its a 50/50 ratio. Half the time me being alone is circumstantial, I have to walk to work, I have to drive to pick someone up or drop someone off, and it also looks like being at one friends house and walking 2 blocks back to my house alone (and yes even in those two blocks I have become vulnerable to enemy attack) . The other half of the time it is fully me. My pride doesn't want to bother someone and ask them to walk me to work and my shame doesn't want to humiliate myself and let someone know I need to be babysat. My sinful nature wants to be alone so that I can do what my flesh so desires. And the world has taught me well that we are to be independent.
THIS IS SO EFFING FRUSTRATING.

What was my point of this blog again? Oh ya, to warn you to not be alone. If you find yourself alone - call me 778-773-5433 and I will come to you. You need friends. if you don't have any I will be your friend. Call me and we can be friends. Actually, even if you have friend I still want to be your friend.

It's times like these I wish I had a Siamese twin.

I wonder when I will realise that I am never alone because I always have God the Father looking out for me, Jesus His son loving me and being around to talk with, and His Holy Spirit guiding me.

Well excuse me as I leave this place now, and walk home alone - probably will do something stupid.

This blog was never intended to be so personalised - I was just planning on writing a generic warning to all. Oops.

God is here.

Currently Reading - Helps to Holiness by Samuel Logan Brengle.

ps- I've been blogging a bit more these days - I have a few new ones below. I'll wait a few days before I post again so you can catch up =P

1 comments:

lux said...

hey, if i was still there i would walk you to work...
Enjoy the comminity.
Continue in the fight. Continue to grow.
Love ya
lux