23 October 2007

The snake got me just like he got Eve on that ever famous day when she ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

You see, I did something bad one day and then the next day I decided to not get out of my bed all day because I figured if I hid under the covers then I couldn't do anything bad, or anything bad couldn't happen to me. I figured by not climbing down my ladder (yes, I'm 22 and sleep in a bunk bed!) and setting my foot on the ground I couldn't hurt anybody else and I couldn't hurt myself. This isn't even the part where I was manipulated by the snake.

So I slept as long as I could - but I don't like to sleep so I was mostly awake just lying there. As I was awake lying there I was thinking how unprotected I felt. How the only way I felt safe was to stay in bed and not move. Then here is when the cunning voice of the snake got me....I was thinking about Psalm 91 and how it said "The Lord protects and rescues those He loves" and listened to the snake and agreed that because I am not safe and I am not protected then the Lord must not love me. Then of coarse I figured if the Lord doesn't love me then I had no reason to get up and no reason to worship and no reason to pray. I know seems bizarre to me too that I would actually believe something so obviously untrue but man the snake got me. This lasted two days before I realised I love the Lord too much to not worship him and to not pray. So this morning in my rations I was reading Psalm 91 to confirm that the Lord doesn't love me...turns out it doesn't say "The Lord protects those He loves" it says "The Lord protects those who love Him". The snake twisted the word of the Lord just like he did with Eve.

(now i just got to work on the loving and trusting the Lord part a bit more...)

Don't let the snake twist the word of the Lord. Gird on your belt - tight. Know the truth.

God is here.

1 comments:

Roro said...

nicole ...
i love you.
you are so raw and i admire that in you. thanks!
you know what i say ....
bite that snake right abck and show him who's boss!

what are you doing thanksgiving weekend? i'm sorry ... nov 22-25?
i will most likely be in town and would love to spend some quality time with you!