17 September 2007

I am blind - I want new eyes.

I want to see like Jesus sees. Eyes that see into the Kingdom as opposed to the world. Eyes that see the immortal and not just the mortal. Eyes that see beauty instead of ashes. I am blind Lord Jesus I want to see - make me see.

This past week in cell (a weekly meeting where we cultivate authentic christian community - kinda like a Sunday morning meeting people often call church minus the Sunday and minus the morning and adding a lot more intimacy and acceptance) we talked about Jesus healing the blind man. Our Worship part of the cell (oh, we also focus on 5 W's - Welcome, Word, Worship, Wealth and Witness) was to split off into pairs and pray for each other.

I had the privilege of getting prayed for by a beautiful woman. She is a lady that lives in my neighborhood, she has some mental health issues and her hygiene could be improved, not someone I would typically ask for prayer from. As she prayed for me at cell though, I was moved. Her prayers were so beautiful and so sincere. Holy Spirit spoke through her big time and used her well. Her words hit my core like a double edged sword. She laid hands on my eyes and I was healed momentarily from my blindness. (My poor faith levels have since then put blinders back on - but faith vs. healing will have to be saved for another blog).

I don't get it. It is so simple. God is a miracle-man. He gives sight to the blind. He frees the captives. He delivers the sufferers. He heals the sick.

Ezekiel 36 puts is simply - I will gather you up and bring you home. I will sprinkle clean water on you and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away. I will give you a new heart. I will put a new spirit in you.

Psalm 51 nicely adds - Wash me and I will be clean.

It doesn't get simpler then that. Not I will wash you and then after a long time you will be clean. Not I will free you from bondage after you do this and this and this and this. It is simple - he says it, it is done. Heck - It is already done. Jesus says it best "It is finished".

Yet, I never let him. I am so stubborn and so led by my flesh - I am led by my blind eyes.

I want to see.

- haha maybe as a prophetic act I can go get those green contacts I have always wanted - you know to show I have new eyes...haha

But really - I want to see. I want new eyes.

God is here.

Currently Reading - Beauty for Ashes by Joyce Meyer and I'll Fight by Phil Wall.

Grace,
Nicole

0 comments: