30 December 2006

Im not much of a movie person. I prefer to spend two hours talking with people then sitting and not talking. I find movies often boring and a waste of time - and if you watch it in a theatre a waste of money too. Tonight I did watch a movie and it wasnt boring and it wasnt a waste of time and well worth the $8.25. I just got back from Blood Diamond. It was amazing. Ill try not to ruin the movie but there are some great scenes I must share.

So this guy has a son who is kidnapped and taken as a child soldier. He risks his life over and over to find him. When he does this beautiful anger, love anger I like to call it, comes upon him and nothing would stop him from getting his son back. God is so like that. He has this beautiful anger, a love anger, where He beautifully destroys the wicked, where His love anger tramples upon the enemys who take his children. God is a warrior. Mighty in battle.

A few scenes later, his son who has been brainwashed and tortured into life as a child soldier denies and regects his father. His father does not love him less...his love doesnt change. Later the son points a gun and is ready to kill and the father gently begins to speak truth..."I am your father, You are my son, You are a good boy, You are not a killer, You have been told you are, but you are good, You are smart". This gentle love and powerful truth is enough for the boy to return to his father. Again, God is so like that. We can regect Him, we can even try to kill him, but His love overcomes. He is constantly speaking truth to us. His truth will set you free. God is faithful. God is love.

Good movie - you should see it.
There are other great scenes, but we can talk when you see the movie. And I will likely come back in the next few days and include more thoughts from this film. It is filled with gospel parrellels.

-------------------

Different note. Did you know that the Hebrew word for Righteouness and Justice are the same. So you cant have one without the other. Tsedeq. Which also means cleanse. I was praying this morning and I asked "HOW?". I know 'what' but I want to know 'how'. Amung answers was 'justice'.

A little random, sure, but really - Tsedeq is the foundation of His throne.

God is here.

Go see blood diamond.

God is here.

0 comments: