13 December 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LISA STEWART

Wow.
I had a really cool day! I got to do something I never have done before. I went to my friends ultrasound with her and got to see her baby...it is this big...<---->....oh and I got to see its heart beat...the baby is too little to hear it, but we could see it. Man it was so awesome. Ya that word can be overused, but really, nothing else can describe today other then awesome.

Life.
Its an amazing thing. I found myself reflecting on life a bit after todays events...real life...pure life. Jesus came to give us life in the fullest.

Death.
I am fed up with the enemy stealing life from my friends. I see it all the time. I see her trying to find love and only finding hurt. I see him scared and alone. I see him reaching for the needle to take away all away. I see her reaching for the knife to cut it all away.

Life.
Jesus is here. He is here. He has allready given us this life, life in abundance. He has allready taken away the hurt, the pain, the sorrow. What else is...there is more. There is more life. There is more love. More joy. More. More. More. More life.

Choice.
We have the choice. We can choose death. We can choose to suffer in our defeat...or we can choose life. We can choose to walk in freedom. We can choose to walk in joy. Choose life.

Worship.
How do we fight against this death? How do we drink from this cup of life? Worship. Simple really....we are called to worship our King. Tonight I was at Sanctuary (a youth drop in we are involved with) and by far the crazyest night ever. Just alot of darkness. I was in the middle of doing this art thing (I know what youre thinking - Nicole and Crafts do not go together) and getting really spiriutally upset with the wickedness floating around. And I was battling with what to do, and finally I just dropped what I was doing and grabbed a guitar, sat right in with the conversations and behviors and worshiped. The result....worship makes death flee. Death you have no sting!!!! Jesus is Lord. Hallelujah.

An amazing end to an amazing day.

God is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww thanks for the big happy birthday!!!! i love you heaps

Lisa

Anonymous said...

you sound better, I'm glad.

we prayed for your friend tonight...

Thanks for the comment, looking forward to chatting with you more in the future, since I'll be a million miles away! =(