14 November 2006

I like being challenged. I realised Im not challenged enough in the way I think. I kinda just believe what I read, or what other people think, or how the culture I grew up in views things.

Yesterday I had the priviledge of hearing Geoff Ryan (CO of 614 Toronto) teach at The War College (currently accepting applications for 2007-2008 - apply at www.thewarcollege.com). A brilliant man I must say - fantastic class. He threw out some ideas of prayer, and the way he did challenged me to rethink how I view prayer. Im still thinking through it and rediscovering what I beleive and know and even see as truth - and perhaps when or if I figure it out Ill write about it.

Does God really answer prayer? Do I really beleive that when I pray for my friends that God will move in their lives? Do I really beleive that when I pray for famine and war to be stopped that my prayers will make a differance? If I dont really beleive it why do I pray it? And is praying for it in doubt actually blasepheming the Lord? Can I pray too much? What is prayer?

God is here.

0 comments: