03 November 2006

Hey all, check out some sweet pics on Robin Humbles blog (Victoria Blogs to the right) of the Warrior Acedemy field trip to Victoria!

I also want to let the entire world know that Beracah Wulters-Wulfing is coming home!!!! Praise the Lord, her workers Visa got approved and she should be here within the next week. Man, I dont know how I have survived without her, who am I kidding I barely did!

--------------------

I have discovered that evangelism can be broken down into two areas...righteousness and justice.

I work with a bunch of teens, ranging from churched kids to kids who have never heard of Jesus. I am working with girls who have been raped, sixteen year olds dependant on cocaine, kids who have been kicked out of home after home, and the list only continues.

I can preach the gospel as much as possible, I can invite my friends to cell week after week, I can be availble to go with them to clinics, court trials, or social services appointments, I can make my house open for a safe place to sleep, but I have learned that there is no form of evangelism as effective as holy living and justice.

Today I was out with one of these teens mentioned above. She is a pretty tough girl. We were serving meals to the homeless at the local Salvation Army and I saw such a shift in her attitude. I saw the act of justice she was delivering was also breaking down hard walls around her heart.

My favorite thing about justice is you dont have to say Jesus to see Jesus. Justice paints the beautiful picture of who Jesus is, and what he is about for you.

Righteouness kinda does the same thing. By living a Holy life you dont really have to do any work, your actions kinda show it for you.

I have more thoughts on evangelism being linked to righteousness and justice, and I would love to elaborate on the holiness part of it all, but my computer gave me the 5 minute warning and I have to get off.

Leave a comment with your thoughts.

Righteousness and justice are the foundations of His throne.

God is here.

0 comments: