12 October 2006

I thought love never failed.

I have these two awesome friends. I have had the priviledge of watching them both come from a place of addiction into a place of freedom. I have had the priviledge of seeing stongholds in their lives torn down. I have had the priviledge of them crying on my sholder, and also me crying on theirs. I have had the priviledge of seeing victory in their lives. Last night was not a priviledge. Last night I sat and watched life being stolen from them. I helplessly watched as my friends engaged themselves with the ways of the world and I helplessly left for I couldnt do anything except say no and cry.

Man, does love ever hurt.

I dont get it. I thought love never failed. What happened? Ive been patient. Ive been kind. I havent been self seeking, and I havent kept a record of wrongs.

But now I get it. Love doesnt give up. Love always hopes. Love always persevers. Love always trusts. Love never fails.

Keep loving, and when it hurts, love some more.

God is here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN'T BE FOR REAL. DO YOU WATCH THE NEWS? ARE YOU COVERING UP YOUR LACK OF SKILLS OR INTELLIGENCE WITH THE BIBLE THANG? YOU SMOKE TOO ...WHO YOU KIDDING...YOU FOLLOW THE BIBLE. YOUR A HYPOCRYT AND I THINK YOU KNOW THAT. OR DO YOU PRAY AND PRAY AND ALL YOUR LIES DAY AFTER DAY ARE FORGIVEN. GO AND GET A REAL EDUCATION AND BACK OFF FROM THE B.S....SIGNED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

Victory of the People said...

yes! i love comments like this!

do i watch the news? no, i dont have a tv, but i do try and follow current events

am i covering up my lack of skills or intelligence with the Bible thang? i dont know, maybe I am.

and i smoke too? no, i dont smoke anymore.

do i follow the Bible? I sure do

am i a hypocryt? i certainly try to live in humility and integrety

do i pray? i sure do

that all my lies day after day are forgiven? i defenitly try not to lie, or live in a lie.

someone who knows who i really am? clearly based on this comment, you dont know who i am...but i would love to know who this is...fire me an email or something!

i love you.

nicole

Alberta Rockstar said...

hey nicole! im so glad i came to ur blog! u write about such good things! i love that u keep writing about love, real love. so good. i want to love like that. you seem so cool, u love that kid who shot all those things at u to get u rilled up. i hope i get to meet you in march if i can come visit the DTES and then go to victoria.

Karyn Baker said...

Nicole - first off, you're beautiful. Shake off any negative stuff borne by your first commenter.
Secondly, love never does fail. It is not love that failed in your friends falling back. It is sinful natures, addictions, hurts, wounds, whatever. Love itself never fails - in other words, just like you said, it never gives up, etc.
I'm glad you love strong. Keep it up.
I love you.
Bakes

Matthew said...

Nicole,
you just proved that love never fails!
Whenever I get comments like the first one you got I always try to think of something insulting to say back...but you kinda kicked ass with that whole love never fails thing just by loving them even more.
that's awesome.
i love you to death nicole. (i'll call you tonight.)
-Champ