26 July 2005

In addition...

I was re-reading some of those exuses and they just erked me more and more the more I read them. The more I read them, the more I have to say...

exuse #2 "We have two kids and only one of us works"
I had a conversation yesterday with some Christians about tithing (what provoked my blog) and here is what one had to say....because my husband is the only one who works we dont put in the full 10% but we do put in $5 every week...after doing the math she realised that it is only $20 and is only 1% of their income yet went on to defend and say "Well we have two kids and only one of us works" So what!

exuse #3 "Im on welfare"
Big flippin deal! Regardless of whether you make $500 or $5000 a month you are still robbing God if you arnt tithing.

exuse #5 "I tithe my time"
This exuse probally ticks me off the most! First of all you dont even have time, its allready Gods (well so is your money...) So are we saying that if I spend an hour evangelising I can cancel out my tithe? Or on the flip side if I give my mesly 10% (I could argue we should be tithing more then 10% but that friends we will save for a whole new blog) I dont need to evangelise this week? Balony! (never thought I would use that word!)

exuse #6 "I work in the Church and dont claim the hours"
Okay, this is interesting. Lets say I work in the Church and make $10/hour and I work 10 hours and only claim 9. True I failed math, but it doesnt take a genious to figure out you worked $100 worth and claimed $90 therefore "tithed" your 10% via omision. Why not claim the 1o hours and recieve the $100 dollars thats rightfully yours, then give $10 back to the Church therefore pocketing $90 as you would when you "Worked in the Church and didnt claimed the hours". Friends this is simple, this all comes down to selfishness. We just dont want to give up our money. Its easy to work 10 hours, get paid for 9 and "tithe" that way. But it take obedience and faith to actually tithe when you have the money.

Friends, if your not a tither I hope your offended!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that those that claim they only claim 90% of their time worked and feel that they 'tithe' the rest of it probably aren't all that accurate with their time anyway....or their 'tithe'....seems pretty lax way to try and do it right.

Anonymous said...

i dont tithe...i also dont receive an income. im more of a levite...i live off others tithes. ive just given my whole self to god. is that cool? or no...

Anonymous said...

Bit harsh Nicole!
I can understand what you mean, but we don't go around the street of the DTES offending people by speaking harsh (though true) words so that they would receive christ.
it's the same here, I can see your passionate and that rocks sister, but when you speak it out it's gotta be in love not in anger or frustration or else it's not so Christ-Like!

Way to keep the fire burning though, It's encouraging!!!

-Mia-
BE HOLY