16 June 2005

Why the change?
I received a word that this year is going to be a transforming year...hence the new blog title...and look...
Should be exciting. Transform me Lord.

I stole this blog idea from my friend Jamie Smith-check her out at www.christsambassador.blogspot.com .
Its General William Booths resolutions at 20.

I do promise-in Gods helping-

Firstly that I will rise every morning sufficiently early to wash, dress, and have a few minutes, not less than five, in private prayer.

Secondly. That I will as much as possible avoid all that babbling and idle talking in which I have lately so sinfully indulged.

Thirdly. That I will endeavour in my conduct and deportment before the world and my fellow servants especcially to conduct myself as a humble, meek, and zealous follower of the bleeding Lamb, and by serious conversation and warninmg endeavour to lead them to think of their immortal souls.

Fourthly. That I will not read less than four chapters in God's word every day.

Fifthly. That I will strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of heart, and leae providential events with God.

Sixthly. That I wll read this over every day or at least twice a week.

God help me, enable me to cultivate a spirit of self-denial and to yield myself a prisoner of love to the Redeemer of the world.Amen and amen.

Im up to the challenge...and now that Im 20 I do promise - in Gods helping - to be covenanted to the above...there I said it, now Im bound to it...for life.

Oh and by the way, all of you who read about me turning in my Salvation Army Soldiership, be ready in 365 days to see me back with blue eplets...(not that I ever wore a uniform before though....)

0 comments: