24 March 2005

RAW

R.A.W~ Ready And Willing, a four day boot camp intended to train youth for mission. And what a great 4 day boot camp it was! It was so exciting, exhilerating, excellant and encouraging (sorry I was running with 'e' words). Where should I begin...how about salvation! A few delagetes that came out to this event got saved...HALLELUJAH. And a guy from the 614 community got saved aswell~HALLELUJAH!

The week began with the Wildings and my friend DJ Chris Michel, leading us into some worship, which was a step outside some attendents comfort zones, which was an excelent way to start it off! There was great, solid teaching, which the youth absorbed like sponges. There was great conviction, Godly sorrow and true repentance in some youth, which was awesome.

Another great thing was seeing kids as young as 14 getting mobalized into mission. There were some optional missions, but to the youth, they werent optional! The passion in these kids hearts was great, their compassion drove them to opt for the optional! It was beautiful. Even though it was a short time, I saw so much change. On more then one occation I would see someone come, shy, timid, unsure if they should be here and by the end of the week they were bold and knew exactly why they came.

When I was 14 I spent my spring break at a similar venue. Boot Camp. It was a mission based traing ground for youth...and man did it ever change me! I can honestly say if it wasnt for that week, I would not be at the place I am at now. Thats probally why i found this week at RAW so great, because i know how much it sows into peoples lives. Im still so pumped from it!

0 comments: