10 March 2005

Im sick

As the title suggests...I am sick.
I have the flu! Yuck...but not the throwing up kind, Praise the LORD, but the aches and pains and fever and junk...last night my fever was 102! I have been sick for just over 4 days...so it should be dying off soon.

However, in being sick I have come to realise to a fullness of how compassionate and loving are my friends from the downtown eastside. I was in the heath contact center last night, a local drop in for people on the downtown eastside with a nurse, to see if there was anything they had to releive me of my pain. Well, it was like this you see, I arrived just as the nurse went on her break, therefore i had to wait 30 more mins in agony, but to my releif 4 of my friends were there, Shara, Garry, Pregnant Tracey and Tyler. Both Shara and Tracey went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and hydrated. Aswell as asking other staff when the nurse would be available...allthough I was fine waiting, afterall i respect the union rules of breaks, but the mere fact they were conserned enought about my health to repeatedly ask was so comforting. Then today I saw Tracey again and she yelled across the street and then came over to make sure I was doing okay. Thank you LORD for friends who care.

Isaiah 53:5 "Surely He was whipped and beaten so we would be healed" LORD give us more faith!

1 comments:

- Servant of God - said...

Hope u feel better!! I miss u man!!> we should go on a date soon!! ;)