23 March 2009

To those requesting to hear my Salvo ticket story:

I was pulling off my street and came to a stop sign. If you are familiar with my street, you don't stop at the corner of Alexander and Main unless there's oncoming traffic, and as any other time I did a "rolling stop". As I did this the lights go on and the sirens sound. I looked over at Jessica and asked "am I really getting pulled over?" She wonders what I even did wrong. I rolled down my window and the policeman began to tell me that I didn't fully stop yadda yadda yadda. He proceeds to ask for my licence which I failed to produce (it was in my top drawer of my dresser in my house half a block away) - offence number 2.
Mr. Policeman asked me then where I was coming from. I said The Salvation Army, as I had just finished serving coffee at re:cre8 and was driving Jessica home. He then asked me if I had proof I was with The Salvation Army. He suggested a flyer. That I didn't have. Neither of us was wearing Salvo gear either. Then I remembered I had a business card in my glove box I pulled it out and he then said, I'm not going to ticket you because you do good work, and then he thanked me for what we do. He did make me go home and get my licence though.

A week later I got pulled over again for the same thing, only it wasn't a rolling stop, but a full running of the red light and a different intersection - if I get a defence I hadn't slept the night before and I was tired - that should be as illegal as drunk driving! It was then I thought I would give up driving for lent. (didnt happen) Anyways I got a $168 ticket for that one. Bummer. (for the record I'm typically a good driver - I felt the need to promote that)

And for promised RAW highlights check out Armybarmy's blog, Highpoints Blog (which has a sweet video up) and The War College blog. Speaking of that, The War College blog is at a new location on our new updated website, http://www.thewarcollege.com/ - check out the site it's good stuff and don't forget to hit the apply button at the top right.

0 comments: