17 January 2009

I read Lamentations this morning.
Why?

I suppose the same reason one listens to a love song after a break up or a sad movie in times of sorrow.

I really resonated with the first few chapters "How lonely sits the city that was full of people", "she weeps bitterly at night...has none to comfort her", "Jerusalem remembers the days of old"...

But then in the middle of Chapter 3, Jeremiah (?) (PS, who wrote Lamentations anyways?), throws out an unexpected pint of hope:

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;, they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion" says my soul "therefore I will hope in Him"

So instead of the tears, sorrow and sadness I was looking for, I got some hope instead. A nice trade-off I must say.

-------------------------------------

Armybarmy has some good exhoration for a not so great soul itself today.

-------------------------------------

Have you applied to The War College yet?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...I listen to love songs after I break up...and read or watch really sad things when I'm sad so I cry...Im a dork