06 January 2008

When I read the Bible I sure read a lot about angels. Angel encounters, angel conversations, wrestling with an angel - and I don't think I give enough credit to the angel role. And I surely don't want to give too much credit to their role either.

Throughout the Word there are many mediums the Lord uses to speak. Dreams, prophecy, visions, his voice...those I don't tend to doubt much. Yet one of the more common things I read about the Lord using is angels and I doubt that more then I should.

I have been taught to be wary of the whole angel thing, mostly I believe because of the way angels have been perverted to be these things to be worshipped, or are the center of most new age religions. But other things (like dreams, prophecy, vision and his voice) that I do trust have been perverted too (into nightmares, phycics, hallucinations and schizophrenia). So why am I so skeptical of this angel thing?

I'm not very skeptial of demons though. I know their existence. I see their role. I have been spoken to by one.

I've never had a conversation with an angel though. That is where my doubt rises from I suppose...

Could be because I am so ignorant about it all - I know very little about angels. I know their role, some of their names and even have seen a couple. I'm not doubting their existence or their holiness at all - I'm just thinking I don't think my eyes are open enough to how great their presence is.

Throughout the Bible there are clouds of angels surrounding us. We are promised that the Lords angels will guard and protect us. An angel of the Lord appeared to Mary and Joseph to just name a few.

This comes up because last night I was hearing the Lord over and over in so many different ways (it was an intense night) and today I was sitting in the car while Jacynta was reading Hebrews out, as we do, and it mentioned something about angels and I began to wonder if I was talking with angels last night, thinking I might have, but very doubtful I did.

So all this to say - I want answers. I want comments. I want you all to tell me everything you know about angels. Or recommend me some good authors - as I'm very skeptical about books about angels too. Why is it that we think dreams are more common then angel armies? Are they? I do know that angels are not to be worshipped and I'm not looking to do that - I just think they are around speaking to us a lot more then we realise and I want to recognise more of this - so I can glorify the Lord in all.

I realise this post is all over the place but it is only because I am confused and looking for answers.

Are angels as present today as they were when written about from Genesis to Revelation?

0 comments: