13 June 2006

I got thinking, what if we were in truley abiding with the Lord...all day everyday? What if we talked EVERYTHING through with Jesus. Even the simple things, "Jesus, what should I wear today" "Jesus, can I eat this" "Jesus, which route should I take to work" "Jesus, how should I do my hair today"....Imagine the possibilities. Without asking Him what way to get to work, we may potentially miss out on a divine appointment, or even get hit by a car. Now, I know thats going extreme, but really.

I was thinking about this alot this morning and then thought, why dont I? I say im abiding, yet Im not asking him weather I should have an orange or an apple...now I know this sounds somewhat ridiculus, but when it comes to these things, Im still relying on my own disires, as opposed to always seeking the Fathers. And I started to wonder why I didnt ask for Jesus' opinion. I suppose it is because I think he will say no. Like I (key work I) might want to have an apple, and wont want to ask Jesus if I should, thinking he might say no, have an orange. So I dont even ask...when really Jesus could fairly well say apple...becuase the Lord isnt out to get us...its not like, that just because we want something automatically means He doesnt want us too. I know this sounds somewhat petty...but really, I guess abiding really means ALL OF YOU with ALL OF HIM...including the little daily things.

Dont assume the Lord will say no...we are on the same team anyways. He does not have plans to harm or hurt us. His plans and His ways are perfect and good.

1 comments:

Karyn Baker said...

I like this blog, Nicole - thanks for posting it. I had a conversation with an officer recently who thought that this concept was overboard. But then my question was, if you don't ask about everything, where do you find it necessary to START asking about things? How "big" do the questions have to get before they rank a question to Jesus?

Incidentally, I ask Jesus whether I should put certain clothes in the dryer or just hang them - He would know ahead of time whether they're going to shrink in the dryer or not, so it seems wise. :)

xoxo