21 April 2006

Im in Victoria again!
I didnt tell many people so I had some people completely floored when they called. Not intentional, it was simply that I forgot to tell...hehe.

Anyways, if you read this post in the next hour, pray for me. I have an interview for a rad job. Great pay, good benefits, fun work.

Tonight, I will be up the entire night! Im so excited...seriously I am. Im such a night owl, and i love having fun. Our teen cell is doing the 30 hour famine for World Vision. Its so exciting to see a bunch of 14 year olds, saccrificing food and sleep for Justice...espessially when most our kids arent saved yet. We have alot of adventures planned...and becuase Im around, probally alot of adventures that will happen, but will be unplaned becuase as we all know...THERES ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE WITH NICOLE. mahaha

Okay, lets go deeper.

I look back over the past year or two and have realised something...well a few things, but I will elaborate on one for now.

My entire life, I have feared "getting in trouble"...as a kid I would do something wrong, yet didnt care what I did, but for a chunk of time, I would be paranoid that someone would find out. I remember spraying water into our new stereo, not caring that what I was doing could possibly damage a new expensive thing, but being stressed, worried and scared that I would get caught. In high school if I was skipping class or cheating, or getting high, I would be so paranoid that I would get caught...so it casued me to hide, close myself off, put a cover on...lie...etc...this is stuff Ive done for the last 20 years....

Over the past two years though, I have been placed in a community..for the first year and a half I still had this "I have to hide" attitude, and when I would let myself out of my shell a little bit, the fear of being completly naked before the fellowship brought me into a place where i reverted back in, and hide for a longer amount of time....untill recently this has been a commen thing for me, yet lately i have found so much joy in the authnticity of being real...by lying myself out there i have seen and received the love the body has for me...i am being picked up, lifted up, encouraged, corrected, and it feels good. its funny my biggest fear has turned out to be my biggest joy. I am learning to find the balance in Grace and Accountability.

Be Blessed today all of you.!

1 comments:

sixonefour said...

Nicole, you are a lovely lovely person. I would love to come and visit you all in Victoria, just to lay on hands (first in a hug, then in prayer) and bless you and just hear your heart for that place and feel your passion and then encourage you in the best ways I know how. I can't do that at the beginning in person, but please, believe that I am there with you in your prayertimes, in your squad times, in your celebration and worship and in your moments of discouragement. That is what this family is about, and this sister loves you and is really really proud of you and what you are doing.
Keep on keepin' on.
grace,
H