22 December 2005

The other night I was at work and both me and my manager ended working some overtime. I usually walk home, its a nice little walk too, but tonight she offered to drive me. I informed her I was fine, but she insisted, she didnt want me walking in this neighborhood at that hour. I was like "I pretty much live in this area!" But nonetheless she drove me. As shes driving me she asked for directions, and I lead her onto East Hastings. Curious she asked..."so do you live in an apartment?"
I sheepishly said "no".
"A house?" She continued.
"No".
"A college rooming flat?"
"No."
"So where do you live?"
"In a hotel."
"With your own kitchen, and the building is just college students right?"
"Well, no, I dont have a kitchen and we only occupy 4 of the 30 rooms"
"Who are in the other 26?"
"Other residents of the Downtown Eastside"
As we pull up to the entrence of my hotel she asked if I was scared. I told her no, I have lived here for about a year and a half and that I enjoy it. When she dropped me off, she said "Nicole, you inspire me...I knew your heart was big, but now I can see just how big it really is...this is what attracted me to your resume in the first place, was all the volunteer work you do, what makes you do this kinda stuff?!"
She is so gonna get saved!
Cheers

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetness!! PTL!

Merry Christmas, Nicole ;)

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

haha...of course she is. who can spend time with you and not see the jesus in you and want to have some? seriously...

Rebekah Dooley said...

NICE
have a Holy christmas Nicole
PTL