01 November 2005

My room ran out of power again. This time the power went out at like 11pm. I had to wake up at 5am for work, however my alarm wasnt working becuase there was no power. I was able to use my friends battery powered alarm clock for the time being. It worked I woke up on time. Yet, as it was going off, it ran out of batteries!!! Great timing...but...I was suposed to reset the alarm so my roomates could be up on time themselves. Since it was now out of batteries I needed to think of something that would work. So I left my cell phone there and I called it from work as a wake up call.

This ties in nicely with my thoughts on community and fellowship linked with holiness....

1 John 1:7...When things are brought into the light, the fellowship of beleivers is tightneed...

Man so true...well duh its true...the Bible said it, and the Bible is truth!!!! But for real, thats what authentic fellowship looks like. Fellowship isnt just, hanging out talking about surface level events, or feasting together, or just chillin' its so much more..., fellowship is bringing things into the light. Becuase this deepens a friendship. So that lie you are hearing like, I cant talk about this its too personal, or I gotta hide this becuase that person wont like me or whatever, rebuke that lie and speak the truth which is bringing things to the light deepens the fellowship. Granted use disernment and wisdom too.

So community. I figure you cant have authentic fellowship without community. The other day I threw out 37 CDs. I have been convicted of some music I was still holding on to (even though I wasnt listening to it) for over 2 years now, ever since a friend of mine was convicted and threw his out...(yes Derek, im talking about you) so Ive been holding onto these CDs, and whenever YHWH remined me of this conviction, I put it off. I shared it with a friend and she said so throw em out! It wasnt untill I had community to support me that this task became easy.

The alarm clock thing this morning. Community. One person in community blew the power, I was able to use another persons alarm clock, without asking, knowing that being in the fellowship of community, my friend whould be more then happy to lend my her alarm clock, and then when my freinds needed to be woken up, going out of my way to make sure they are. But the thing is its really not out of my way, becuase thats what fellowship and community is...you dont have to think about helping and supporting a brother or sister, you just do it, naturally becuase you are one.

So how does this tie in with holiness. Simple. Its just easier. When one is walking in holiness, bringing things to the light and allowing for authentic fellowship is easier. When one is walking in holiness, living in community is easier.

Things are just more simple when we are in habitual submission to Yahweh, or walking in holiness for those who dont like the term habitual submission.

4 comments:

Rebekah Dooley said...

very good insight :)

Darren Hailes said...

Hey there is usually an alarm clock function on your cell phone. Have a look around all your menu options to find it!

Aurora said...

Hey Nicole!
Thanks for the mail.
I like the stylings of your blog...very calm and peaceful (kinda suprised me a bit, because you're always so animated!)
Community is good.
Songs written by 6yr olds is good.
Jesus is always Good. (And always God....I wrote it as a typo, but now I think I like it!)
We have a Curves here in Bangor, so if you can sign me up from 'afar' let me know...it'll have to wait until I'm working myself, though....
I love you.
Aurora

Anonymous said...

whats wrong with you? thats SO long! i didntread it. buti read about your lil disciple. cute.
nicole, i cant sleep...i might callyou. you might kill me. maybe i call you too much. you probably have to get up early tomorrow...hmmm...maybe ill just lay on the couch and watch tv until i fall asleep or have to get up...bye bye nicoleserenitybrindle.