05 August 2005

Before I continue with my seven deadly sins series...did anyone else watch the lions game tonight? we just won our 6th game in a row

Gluttony

Gluttony is the desire to consume more then is needed. This is another sin we as the western world are guilty of. Im sure you have heard the following statistic many times, but its true. 20% of the world consumes 80% of the food, and 80% of the world comsumes 20% of the food. Do that math...its doesnt add up. Fast food chains are all about up sizing or supersizing when the regular size is more then enough. And the fruit of an over consuming nation is overweight citizens and heath problems.

Children in Chains

Child labor...untill reading Campbell and Courts "Be A Hero" I had forgetton all about it. When I was in grade school I remember hearing all about kids my age being foced into work, getting beat doing it, and being sick all the time. But over the years I forgot. Being reminded of the injustice of it all I now cant forget it. And I dont want to forget untill there is justice brought.

These two "seven deadly sins" arent as closly realated to the other two...however the challenge remains the same. Repent of gluttony, this may look like no more upsized meals, fasting a day a week, one portion meals. And bring justice to the children. No more Nike.

Please add more companies that envoke child labour so I can discontinue my shopping there....

2 comments:

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

i like food.

Anonymous said...

lets go lions!!!!!