30 May 2005

Your stinkin' resolution Is no type of solution
Preventin' me from freedom Maintainin' your pollution
I won't support your lie no more I won't even try no more
If I have to die, oh Lord That's how I choose to live
I won't be compromised no more I can't be victimised no more
I just don't sympathize no more Cuz now I understand
You just wanna use me You say "love" then abuse me You never thought you'd loose me
But how quickly we forget That nothin' is for certain
You thought I'd stay here hurtin' Your guilt trip's just not workin'
Repressin' me to death
Cuz now I'm choosin' life, yo I take the sacrifice, yo
If everything must go, then go That's how I choose to live
No more compromises I see past your diguises
Blindin' through mind control Stealin' my eternal soul
Appealin' through material To keep me as your slave
See, what you see is what you get Oh, and you ain't seen nothin' yet
Oh, I don't care if you're upset I could care less if you're upset
See it don't change the truth And your hurt feeling's no excuse
To keep me in this box Psychological locks
Repressin' true expression
Cementin' this repression
Promotin' mass deception
So that no one can be healed
I don't respect your system I won't protect your system
When you talk I don't listen Oh, let my Father's will be done
I've just accepted what you said Keepin' me among the dead
The only way to know Is to walk then learn and grow
But faith is not your speed Oh, you've had everyone believed
That you're the sole authority
Just follow the majority
Afraid to face reality
The system is a joke
Oh, you'd be smart to save your soul Oh, when escape is mind control
You spent your life in sacrificeTo a system for the dead
Oh, are you sure... Where is the passion in this living
Are you sure it's God you servin' Obligated to a system
Getting less then you're deserving Who made up these schools,
I say Who made up these rules, I say Animal conditioning Oh, just to keep us as a slave
Oh, just get out Of this social purgatory
Just get out All these traditions are alive
Just get outSuperstition killing freedom
Knowin' my condition Is the reason I must die
Just get out Just get out Just get out
Let's get out Let's get out
Knowin' my condition Is the reason I must die
Just get out

2 comments:

Derek said...

"I don't respect your system,
I won't protect your system,
When you talk I don't listen,
Oh, let my Father's will be done...
Knowing my condition is the reason I must die."

I love how Lauryn Hill is addressing the enemy...and realizing that she must die of self...in order for Him to take over, for His will to be done.

Victory of the People said...

haha

did you like how I tried to be like you and post some lauryn hill, well really that wasnt the intent...but ya know