11 May 2005

What A Night

At the place I currently fight the war, we have this bi-weekly ministry called Street Combat...basically street evangelism. So I was partnered up with Jaime Riefer (whodathunkit). Before we left to meet the group and split, I felt the Spirit saying to bring along my guitar...this is not a common thing for me, ya I play guitar, but I am not a guitar player. So out of obedience I brought it along. As Jaime and I were walking, the Lord directed us into an alley. When we got it, I felt it was time to bring out the ol'12-string and just worship God. Out it came and I began playing 'Come Lord Jesus Come' little did I know that for the next hour and a half I would be playing the same song with the same chords...my fingers hurt today! Praise the Lord! Anyways it was time to meet back up with the group and switch partners...we didnt feel a release to leave (the alley was right where we meet, so we didnt have to leave) expressed our concern and continued just worshipping the Lord. Now, let me go a little deeper into this worship...it was good. Singing, shouting, dancing, praying in the spirit...let me remind you of the combo team...Jaime Riefer and I. There was power, we were creating authority, it was good...yet does not top what happened next. Oh ya during this we entered the Empress Bar and some guy said he was going deaf, we prayed for him and he said he could hear better, mind you his ears popped. So it was nearing 11pm when we all meet together, yet Jaime and I did not feel a release to leave the alley. I continued to play 'Come Lord Jesus Come' on my guitar and Jaime continued to pray in the spirit, while lying down on a Downtown Eastside alley...and this girl comes up to us and asks if we were Christians. We said "yes, are you" she said "no" and we said "would you like to" and she said "yes"-Praise the Lord. After some conversation and plugs for community, we had our release to leave the alley...it was 11:02pm.

A big thanks to Jaime, becuase it was out of her obedience and submission to the Lords voice we went to the alley and stayed in the alley.

And a big thanks to Yahweh to whom all the glory and victory of last night belongs too.

0 comments: