23 February 2005

I take it back

To anyone that Ive ever said I dont like The Message to, I take that comment back. I was given The Message yesterday and began reading it today, and I must say its good. It is such a casual read, as it was intended for Im sure. For example, I was watching TV (im on reading break...I dont normally watch television) and I would pick up The Message during commercials, then put it down when the show came back on, then pick it up again during commercials and so on...like one would do with a novel.

I still use my other Bible (NLT) for devotions and study, and would recomend continuing with a different version for devotions and study rather then The Message, but The Message is definetly good for casual reading.

Oh and for the record, I like the original Message...not the remix.

Now, since I am not getting many comments...and I like comments...I shall ask a question...please answer it...please!

What version/translation do you read? (Feel free to include why and/or multiple answers!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the NIV but I like the NLT! or should I say New International and New Livimg!! :)
Sue Ann

Seeker of The Light said...

My main reading Bible is the NLT (this is our corps' pew Bible as well), although I use the International Children's Bible (ICB) a lot for public readings- it's very simple and easily understood. I use The Message (Msg) for special readings- to get a fresh take, but sometimes its a bit off on the actual meaning.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

I use NIV mostly...solid, basic. I left my nice shiny NIV sword in Victoria, though, so at the moment i'm using Message Remix, which i'm enjoying. Gives reading a different slant sometimes.